There is a simple formula…
For example, a 2 column x 2 inch ad is a 4 inch ad. The total inches multiplied by the rate gives the cost of the ad.
Standard page layout is six columns per page, each column 1.58″ wide, with .183 of “gutter” between columns. Pages are 21.5 inches tall.
2 col. = 3.33″ (20 picas)
3 col. = 5.08″ (30.5 picas)
4 col. = 6.83″ (41 picas)
5 col. = 8.58″ (51.5 picas)
6 col. = 10.33″ (62 picas)
• GrenadaStar and StarEXTRA assumes all digital ad submissions are press ready.
• GrenadaStar and StarEXTRA does not proofread ads submitted in digital format.
• All electronically transmitted ads must be received by our office no later than two days prior to publication.
• All e-mail ads should be e-mailed to Design@GrenadaStar.com and a copy to Design2@GrenadaStar.com.
• All electronic ads must be sent in “pdf” format with all fonts embedded in the pdf file. We cannot be responsible for font omissions/deletions. We cannot be held responsible for our image setting equipment replacing fonts on electronically submitted advertising with fonts omitted or deleted. We cannot accept any other electronic format.
• All electronic ads must be sent in the Actual Size they are scheduled to run in the publication. Our publications use 23″ web format. Any ads received that are the incorrect size will be adjusted and may not fit the space. We cannot be held responsible for incorrectly sized ads.
• Upon receipt of the ad, we will contact the agency should the ad be unreadable. We will give the agency one additional opportunity to resend the ad.
• Any ad space ordered for which we do not receive ad copy (either electronically or through a standard delivery service) by the proper deadline will be billed to the agency.
• The newspaper will not be responsible for any errors or color problems with electronically submitted ads. No credit will be given on ads deemed to be incorrect which were submitted electronically.
• Ensure that all newsprint images/logos have a resolution greater than 300 dpi.
• Black and white ads should not contain any color components.
• Process color (4 color) ads should be sent on four different plates.
• Spot color ads should be sent on two different plates (one black and the other color)
• High Res PDF
• Adobe InDesign CS3 Version 5.0.4 (Mac only)
• Adobe Illustrator CS3 Version 13.0.2
Saved as EPS with fonts outlined
• Adobe Photoshop CS3 Version 10.0.1
Completed AD saved as flattened EPS or PDF
Resolution 300 dpi
• Placeable EPS
Fonts outlined or as curves
Newspaper = 85 line screen
Dot Gain = 30%
32.25 Column Inches – $11.40
129 or more Column Inches – $9.90
• Ads running in GrenadaStar only may deduct $2.
• Ads cancelled less than two working days before publication are subject to a 35% cancellation fee.
• All charges net and due at the end of the month.
• Prepayment is required until account is established.
Three or four-color process – $225 per deck
Tear sheets – $2
Guaranteed Position – 25%
Interest Charge of 1.3% added after 30 days
The publisher reserves the right to refuse any advertising for any reason. Under no circumstances is the publisher liable for more than the cost of the ad or insertion. GrenadaStar is not liable for any misprint in an ad created by GrenadaStar after said advertisement is signed and approved by the advertiser.