Fire caused extensive damage to a house on Harvey Street Friday morning, but nobody was hurt.
At 9 a.m., firefighters from shift C sprayed water on the smoldering embers of the house on the 300 block while neighbors stood and watched from their porches.
According to officials with the Grenada Fire Department, the house belonged to Ernest Keyes.
A grandmother and two children were inside the residence but escaped safely, the release said.
Firefighters from Shift B arrived on the scene at 4:59 a.m., and found the house involved in flames, the release said.
Crews deployed water curtains on either side of the residence to protect houses close to it.
Shift B continued to battle the blaze until around 7 a.m. when firefighters were relieved by Shift C.
The state fire marshal’s office assisted in the investigation, the release said.
The fire was ruled accidental, according to officials.
“It appears an electrical problem in the attic started the fire,” said Grenada Fire Marshal Sam Barranco.
Firefighters cleared the scene at 11:01 a.m.